The Pharmaceutical Industry is heavily regulated. Historically HVAC was over designed with subsequent high running costs and carbon intensive facilities, exceeding levels required for compliance.
As a result facilities are operating in excess of the levels required for compliance at an ever increasing cost due to energy price rises.
Pharmaceutical sector challenge
- Compete with low cost manufacturers
- Provide affordable high quality medicines to a global market place
- Maintain profitability
- Reduce carbon emissions
- Respond to energy and carbon reduction legislation
To remain competitive pharmaceutical companies can longer afford to continue to run over compliant facilities that add no additional benefits to product quality.
This document provides the EECO2 approach to identifying and reduce energy demand without compromising on product quality the key to which requires the complete involvement of the clients key stakholders to include but not limited to;
- Quality assurance
- Health and Safety
EECO2 Services offered
EECO2 offer the following services to the Global Pharmaceutical sector:
- Energy consultation
- Bespoke site specific solutions
- Identification of viable energy savings to implementation support
- HVAC energy surveys
- Energy Monitoring (MEMU’s)
- Project Management
- HVAC redesign to achieve savings
- Compliance Documentation Authoring and Revision
- Fume Cupboard testing to BS EN 14175
- Cleanroom Commissioning (CIBSE Commissioning Code A)
- Cleanroom testing to ISO 14644 (CTCB-I certified)
- HVAC Validation
- After Action Review (AAR) to identify best practice solutions.
- Sharing of Global experience and best practice
HVAC electrical heat energy dehumidification etc. used to condition, supply, filter and remove air typically equates to 50 – 75% of a facilities total energy cost so this will be the main focus of this document.
Other areas of focus will be;
- Critical Product Requirements
- Area classification
- Area Activities
- Ways of working
To find out more about EECO2 Energy Efficiency Consultants, email email@example.com. To receive regular updates, subscribe to our blog by RSS or Subscribe to EECO2 – Energy Efficiency Consultancy by Email